Where they were:
Founded in 1971, Aiken Senior Life Services (ASLS) provides meals and transportation to seniors throughout Aiken, South Carolina to fulfill its mission “to provide health, wellness, nutrition, transportation, social and other services that enhance the quality of life, independence, dignity and aid in the prevention of critical and acute care needs of our community.”
Approaching their 50th year and preparing for its first capital campaign, ASLS was seeking outside counsel to strategically organize and plan the initial quiet phase of a fundraising campaign to purchase and renovate a 19,000 square foot facility to meet the growing demand for services.
Good Works stepped in to:
- Assess ASLS’s reputation and relevance in the community through conducting a series of confidential stakeholder interviews, along with a series of strategy sessions with the Executive Director and Board president.
- Assess organization’s current fundraising program through a comprehensive review of its culture, history, structure, technology and policies.
- Clarify and articulate the organization’s case for support; telling the emotionally compelling story of ASLS to an audience of donors, its vision to expand and its significant impact in the community.
- Build and strengthen volunteer leadership through a curated course of trainings, surveys and discussions – building their understanding of philanthropy and their confidence in raising money.
Results and Deliverables
- A well-organized and well-executed quiet phase launch that engaged (and re-engaged) key donors, volunteers, public and private stakeholders, and the community-at-large in ASLS’s vision and impact.
- A series of presentations and facilitated conversation with board and staff around best practices in fundraising, and clearly defined bright spots and blind spots in the current program so we could build a strategy that met the needs of ASLS and its supporters.
Victoria has a clear knack for “cutting through” all the miscellany and getting right to the heart of the matter — identifying the problems and citing the many paths to success. She is a skilled communicator, works extremely efficiently and delivers more than what she promises. Her vision and thoughtful strategy for our 50-year old agency was enlightening. Our Board of Directors and I could not have been more pleased with Good Works Consulting.
Executive Director, Aiken Senior Life Services